Loufest adds flavor to local music scene

Music, as defined by dictionary.com, is “an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony and color.”
Music is so much more than that. It is so personal, so individual, yet it is so collective and wonderful in a group. Music has the power to make you dance and sing and act absolutely crazy, for no reason other than the music told you to do so. It can make you laugh and cry all at the same time. Music is the bass you feel in your chest. It is the ringing in your ears after it’s too loud. Music has the power to inspire millions or just one person. It is the most powerful thing in the world. And all of the power of music can be found at a music festival.
That is why I love going to music festivals such as Loufest and Vans Warped Tour. At music festivals, you get to see the power of music in action. You get to see people reacting to the it as they dance and sing and go crazy. You get to see people enjoying music alone and together all at once. You get to experience it by yourself all the while you’re in a giant crowd listening to a band play their hearts out. Honestly, that’s an experience only found at music festivals.
But to experience the power of music, you don’t have to go to a music festival. You can experience it as you crank your music from your ear buds. It’s the same power, just in a different medium.
And that’s why music is just so special. It can affect you any and everywhere, and I hope it does affect you.