• Spring break begins March 25 through March. 29.

Letter from the editor: April

In today’s society of Game of Thrones, Mad Men and almost any other television show, infidelity is a normal thing to see. If a show has only faithful people, the show seems off and kind of weird.

However, I believe that this common occurrence is changing society.

I was not alive back in the days of the early 1900’s, but it is my understanding that once a lady was picked to be courted by a man, she was loyal to that man and he was loyal to her.

Yes, sure, there were exceptions, and I’m sure there were a few Tiger Woods in that day and age, but that wasn’t the norm. That wasn’t an okay thing to do.

Throughout the years, pop culture has influenced us greatly and has given humanity many great things. However, infidelity is one thing society could live without.

The message of the media needs to change. Cheating and infidelity is not okay. Not now. Not ever.

The writers making these television shows and movies need to change. An affair adds drama to the storyline; I understand that. But the message that all of those affairs are sending is not a good one. It’s showing that everyone cheats. Everyone is disloyal.

False, I say. Not everyone cheats.
There are still good people in this world that have yet to be touched by the pop culture bug. (Hipsters not included.)