Spring forward into theatre with the production of Sabrina Fair

The Spring Play is almost here after months of preparations and rehearsals. It runs March 7-9 at 7p.m. The cost is five dollars.

“The play is Sabrina Fair by Samuel Taylor. This is one of my favorite stories and I’ve always wanted to this play. It‘s about a girl whose father is a chauffeur for a rich family and she comes home after being away for a few years and is trying to discover herself in a number of possible romances,” director Wendy King said.

Before rehearsals can even start, auditions have to be held first. Auditions were open to anyone that was interested and usually last a day or two.

“This was the largest number of people that we have ever had audition. We had twenty five people audition but we only have fourteen characters in the show,” King said.

The most difficult thing is selecting which students are the most suitable for a character.

“Ultimately, auditions show who has the most potential for a character,” King said.

The setting of the play is another important factor in developing the final production.

“Most of it takes place all outside on the back patio of the house with double French doors and a garden wall. We have a backdrop that is twenty-four feet tall and forty eight feet wide that’s going to be a beach scene for the background,” King said.

Many people may be familiar with the movie adaptations of Sabrina but the play is still different.

“It’s similar if you’ve seen the movies. It has the same basic plotline. Some things that are in the movie aren’t in the play and some things that are in the play aren’t in the movie,” King said.

Rehearsals are still going on and will continue until right before the actual show.  The students are still working on perfecting their parts and being able to easily recite their lines.

“We’ve been rehearsing for almost a month and we still have about a month left. It’s been interesting in rehearsals because there is a lot of French and they have to quickly learn how to pretend to be fluent in French.  Rehearsals and how well the rest of the cast gets along has been a lot of fun,” King said.