Renaissance feast Nov. 17 and 18 deemed a success.

The annual Renaissance Feast put on by the choir occurred the weekend of Nov. 17 and 18, and was enjoyed by many participants and performers.

Each year the aim of the feast is to exhibit the talent of the choir as a group of performers and put on a show for some local entertainment.

“The goal of the feast was really just to be able to show what the choir does in a fun way. We want to be able to give the public something that’s entertaining so that they might understand that the choir works in many more ways than just singing,” junior Kelly Ma said.

The choir succeeded in exemplifying their abilities as a great many people came to see the show.

“I think it was definitely accomplished. There were about 175 people there on both nights and everyone really seemed to enjoy it, including the performers. I think we really got to strut our stuff,” Ma said.

A lot of work is put into the feast every year to make it look and sound the best that they can make it.

“The feast included a pre-show, an introduction, the feast, and then a small concert. We decorated the entire first floor commons, second floor commons, cafeteria, and the first floor hallway. It took a lot of work, but it seriously paid off because it looked so cool when it was finished,” Ma said.

Along with all of the hard work that occurred during the show, the students also put in lots of preparation before the date of the feast to enhance the experience.

“We begin by either working on the lines or the music that we sing for our patrons almost every day in choir for about a month and a half beforehand. When it gets to be about a week or two before the show, the kids break up into their committees. There are around ten committees that are all responsible for getting different aspects of the show done. The week of [the performance] we talk about decorations and Friday before we set everything up,” senior Jacob Siehr said.

Guests received an event filled with food and singing to enjoy, served by the members of the choir.

“We talked a little, introduced foods, and sang. The food served was soup in a bread bowl, salad, Cornish hen, vegetables, potatoes, and then cake. After everyone was finished eating all the cast and servers got together and sang a few songs for everyone,” Ma said.

All of the students wanted the show to go smoothly to prove the talents of the group as a whole, while some also wished to make it through the event in one piece.

“As long as the audience enjoyed themselves and the show and the crew is not drop-dead tired, I consider the show a success. And it was,” Siehr said.

Overall the choir felt as though the Renaissance Feast went well and people went home with a new perspective on the group of students.

“The feast was definitely a success. We had a lot of people there who didn’t really know what choir was like. I think we really showed them that school doesn’t always mean textbook learning, especially if you’re in choir. Everyone really liked it, and the choir got great publicity. Even if it hadn’t been a huge success though, I think it was a lot of fun for everyone who took part in it,” Ma said.