Is Hollywood running out of creativity?

There is something very wrong with our movie industry. It is becoming corrupt and somewhat ridiculous. The world definitely does not need any more sequels and remakes.

I have seen very few movies where the sequel was actually better than the original movie. How do the movie companies justify this? They say “Oh, it seems people liked this movie. Let’s throw in some more money and milk this for all it’s worth!”

No. Stop that.

It isn’t too hard to come up with movie ideas; people just need to get up off their lame and unoriginal butts and get inspired. You can never have enough movies based on books (Hello, Harry Potter and Hunger Games. Twilight should just die already). Dramas get a big hit at the awards, if you’re the least bit intellectual enough to write it. Such things require a brain. Movies regarding teens and illegal substances seem to be hits amongst sixteen-year-old peach-fuzzed boys if that’s the only place your liquored-up intelligence will get you. Good luck dealing with your conscience when some little preteens watch it and decide that’s the way to live their lives. What successful ideals.

Meanwhile, horror movie remakes are on a rampage. Pun intended. Unfortunately, series like Halloween and Friday the Thirteenth just keep going and going and going. It’s a problem. There are a total of ten Jason slasher flicks as well as ten, soon to be eleven, Michael Myers massacre movies. Can the world not just say “one and done?” Nope, apparently not. As an added bonus to the box office awfulness, these movies just keep getting worse. You have to pick through horror movies by the dozens to find some that are decent. Oh, the world.

Maybe, just maybe the reason these remakes and sequels and lots of original movies are so terrible is because of the actors and actresses they hire to butcher these deep and emotional characters. Seriously, people. Kristen Stewart? Can we not blink only once in the span of two seconds? Thank you. Why don’t we just get rid of every person who must speak in a monotone voice or can turn sideways and completely disappear? Sounds like a nifty plan to me.

So, Hollywood, I think you need some creativity. I could write a screenplay better than the terror that is Twilight.