OPINION: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

Today, the school introduced a new circular table for the cafeteria. Personally, I was perfectly content with the long rectangular tables from last year. When the school replaced these long tables with shorter ones, I was a bit annoyed, but for the most part, I didn’t really care.

With these new circular tables, new problems have occurred as well. Large groups of friends are unable to sit next to each other because tables aren’t that big. An example of these lack of seats would be that during lunch, a friend’s chair was stolen. This caused a chain reaction where he stole someone else’s chair, that person had to steal a chair, and so on. What I’d also like to know is where the school is getting the tables from and why they replaced the old tables. This is a perfect example of “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” can be applied. The original long rectangular tables were fine. There was a few problems, but overall it was a great setup. Then came the smaller rectangular tables. There were even more problems, but people dealt with it for the most part. Now, with the circular tables, even more problems have sprouted. I just don’t understand why the school changes things that don’t need to be changed.