• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Prom: A Tale as Old as Time

Prom: the everlasting tradition of high school. This marks the end of school and, for seniors, the last big event before graduation and the rest of their lives.

The junior class officers were hoping to provide a new location for this year’s junior –senior prom, but plans to hold the dance at Benton Square fell through when fire marshals stated that the capacity of Benton Square was not large enough to accommodate such a populated event. Therefore, tradition will carry on, and your 2011 prom will be held at the Havener Center on May 14th starting at 8 p.m.

This year’s theme is “A Tale as Old as Time”, a play off of the classic Disney movie Beauty and the Beast.

“I’m really excited about the theme this year. It ties in many important elements that a prom should have: it’s classic, everyone knows and can relate to it, it allows for romantic and classy decorations, and most of all, it brings back childhood memories for those who are entering into their adult lives,” junior class president Genny Graham said.

The candidates this year are very well rounded individuals. The queen candidates are: Emily Carroll, Justine Rigsby, Ellen Spooner, Lauren Stevens, Sarah Threadgill, and Anna West while the king candidates are: Logan Borders, James Encisco, Andrew Hagni, Zak Maedgen, Madome Mathiba, and Donnie Roshan.

“The candidates are pretty good; they’re all really different but all are really cool. I have no idea who I’m going to vote for,” senior Devin Creek said.

Every senior is, of course, hoping for an unforgettable prom to top off the ending of their high school career. Overall, everyone is looking forward to a good time regardless.

I’m really excited for prom. It’s my last year and I’m ready to make the most out of my last prom. I’m hoping for something different, and I’m excited to see how everything is decorated. The theme sounds creative and something you can do a lot with. So, I think this year’s prom will be a lot of fun,” senior Olivia Amek said.