• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Are You on Track?

Seniors, it’s time to prepare for life after high school.  Throughout their final year seniors need to be preparing for the future.  Therefore, in each edition of ECHO there will be a few tips for seniors in order to be ready by graduation. 

During October, be sure to take the SAT or ACT if needed.  Taking these tests early will help with the admissions process.  Seniors should begin filling out admissions applications and writing needed essays.

Seniors should narrow their school choices down to five and be sure to research the selected schools thoroughly.  Seniors may want to use www.usnew.com to help stay organized.  Be sure to talk with counselors to figure out the best plan for the future.

Visiting colleges is never a bad idea, and revisiting your top choices is an even better one.  While visiting the college, talk to some of the current students and faculty, if possible.  Seniors may want to ask if there are scholarships available from the school or if they know of any that are beneficial.  Look online for scholarships too there are hundreds out there. For a list of scholarships, check out the guidance office’s page online.

High school athletes wanting to compete at Division I or II college sports must register with NCAA Initial-Eligibility Clearinghouse.  Visit the activities office or www.ncaaclearinghouse.net if you have any questions.

Remember to begin asking teachers for letters of recommendation so all parts will be ready for admissions. 

In October, juniors should take the PSAT and consider taking an AP class next year.  Also, research scholarship and make a list of them by order of deadline so juniors know when the application must be complete.

All students should stay informed and be prepared for life after high school.