Ping pong club starts with a clickety-clack

A new activity open after school to students is the opportunity to play ping pong recreationally. The program became recently available to students to come and have fun after a day at school.

Science teacher Sarah Swindell began to put the idea for the ping pong into action in January, when information about it was in the announcements.

“My advisory had the idea,” Swindell said. “They are a fun group. Lane Snyder was the driving force; he would like to see us compete.”

A number of students have decided to become active in the games since the beginning of the ping pong program.

“It varies, we usually have from ten to fifteen [students],” Swindell said.

Ping pong after school will continue on the schedule it has maintained, and is always looking to expand in number.

“This is open to any student of RHS, every Tuesday and most Thursdays,” Swindell said.

Students involved have had a great time getting together and playing with each other, competing or just hitting the ball to have fun.

“It has gone very well,” Swindell said. “I think we all have fun, and since it is an open invitation, we get different people at different skill levels. Some people just ping, others play for points. We play singles and doubles and kooky rules sometimes. Off the locker shots are something we are working on, for example.”