Weird scholarships catch the eyes of seniors

If you’re a nice person and active in school, the Scholar Athlete Milk Mustache of the Year Award might be for you. 25 $7,500 scholarships are given out to do-gooders who submit a picture of themselves with a milk mustache and write an essay about what milk has done for said person’s body and they are entered for a chance at the $7,500.

Have you belonged to a nudist colony for the past three years? Well there’s a scholarship for that. Submit a short essay to the American Nudist Research Library and the scholarship could be yours. You only get one grand for your three years of nudity, but that’s one grand you don’t need to spend time finding.

If you can shoot a marble better than anything, you’d better pass that trait onto your siblings. This scholarship is via the National Marbles Tournament where students from the ages of 6-14 can compete for scholarships and other prizes.

Golf caddies are more than just twenty-somethings that are in between jobs. There is a full tuition and housing scholarship if you have been a caddie for two years and plan on being a caddie in the summers. You must be an outstanding citizen and have a B average in classes plus you must have taken the ACT. Over 800 caddies get this scholarship every year.

In order to get this scholarship, you must be a member of USA Water Ski and be an actual water skier. Write a 500 word essay along with letters of recommendation and some sort of contribution to the water skiing as a sport. Amounts given vary.

Do you leave out meat in your diet? Are you graduating from high school? Have you promoted vegetarianism in any way shape or form? If so, you might have 5,000 dollars waiting for you from The Vegetarian Resource Group. All you have to do is write an essay saying how you promoted vegetarianism and the scholarship can be yours, if the essay is right.

Can you take an open book test? Then the AFSA Scholarship is for you! All you must do is read the essay about fire sprinklers and take an open book test about that content. For every correct answer, you’re entered for one of ten $2000 scholarships