Homecoming Week

The students are showing their spirit, the football team is preparing for the game, and RHS alumni are starting to come back. it must mean it’s getting to be that time of year again:

That’s right, homecoming is this weekend.

It’s an exciting time of the year. The temperature is starting to drop and the fall sports are starting to come to an end. Students are busily running around preparing the perfect way of going about asking their girlfriends or crushes or even friends to homecoming. After the answer’s have been given said dates are running about putting in last minute orders for flowers and buying ties and shoes. Plans before and after homecoming are being formulated and it just seems everyone is a little happier come this time of the school year.

The homecoming weekend starts with a week of spirit at RHS. Monday was favorite college / sports team. Tuesday is class separation; Seniors wear green, juniors wear blue, and sophomores wear red. Wednesday is neon day. Thursday is 80’s day. Finally, Friday is Bulldog spirit day. The school week will come to an end in a pep assembly outside for the football game that night and the dance the preceding night. Friday night will bring a highly anticipated football game against Springfield Glendale and a halftime showing of the Homecoming Candidates.

Then the next day, for most students, will be spent on one thing, the Homecoming Dance. Students will be preparing all day getting ready for the dance and the night following it. After much preparation the dance will finally be here. Students will pile into the middle school and dance the night away and end it all with the crowing of the king and queen and one more slow dance with their dates.  Then the night will continue on for some and draw  slowly on into the morning while some will be sleeping away their exhaustion, but either way the weekend will be spent with friends and in good times.

And there’s no school on Monday.

candidates