Echo Adventure: November

Echo Staffers Nicholas Wilsdorf, Lea Ahrens, Katie Williams and I decided to go on a little adventure. We knew that the new entertainment complex Fat Cats had just opened and we decided to check it out. So we all met at Fat Cats around what was supposed to be 4:00 but ended up being a more like 4:30, because Lea’s bank was running a little slow, and Nick was being his usual self and taking too much time fixing his curly locks. You know what they say: Ginger fro gets ALL the ladies.

We were unsure of what to expect when we walked in. We stepped into a large, open room that was filled with glow in the dark mini golf and the lights from all the games lined up at the back. Immediately we gravitated towards the mini-golf. Come on, glow in the dark Aztec-themed mini golf? Who wouldn’t be all for that? So after paying just three dollars each, we were ready to go. Well, almost. There were a few delays in which Lea was unable to operate my “space car” well enough to open the door to put her coat in, and Katie was helping me switch putters. I’m sad to say that I had to use the kid putter, but in my defense, that one was pretty much too little. So, after messing around with iPhone cameras, waiting for Nick to fix his hair yet again (got to keep the tresses sharp for the ladies) and giving my fair warning to everyone that they were about to be creamed by my mad putting skills, we were off.

The first hole went alright. Nick scored a whopping six. Looks like the hair can’t fix everything, my friend. Then, in a stunning comeback, he got a hole-in-one on the next hole. We are still searching for the explanation. The next eight holes were full of pictures, jokes and the laughter of each other’s failures. We ended the nine-hole course with Lea dominating the entire way with 24, Nick and Katie at 29…and me at 32. But I must assure you, I decided that they all needed a good self-esteem boost, so I politely missed the occasional putt or hit the ball so hard that it flew off of the putting green.  I took one for the team.

After mini-golf, we headed over to the air hockey table where Katie and I proceeded to crush any dignity that Nick had and score the seven winning points before he could even realize what was happening. Nick then made excuses for himself, but we knew the truth. His gingerness couldn’t handle our beast skills at air hockey. It’s an issue that more than one person has had to face at one point or another.

Afterwards, we departed, calling the afternoon a success and saying that we would definitely have to venture back, but with the whole staff next time.