Sham Rock ‘n Roll Changes Things Up

The yearbook staff has decided to shake things up for the annual Sham Rock-N-Roll this year, and plan to hold the dance in the senior hallway. Since this has never been done before, it makes the outcome a little hard to visualize.

“I think having the Sham Rock ‘n Roll in the hallway would be cool because everyone will be closer and it will give it more of a club feel — almost a little bit spookier,” senior Justine Rigsby said.

After being informed about this new plan, most students seem to be pretty excited for it, and think it will be an interesting transition.

“I’m pumped! I think changing it up like this will make more people want to come. I know I’ll be there. I’m ready to Sham Rock ‘n Roll all up and down that hallway,” junior Amanda Mumma said.

Although the sophomores haven’t attended this dance before, they have a good attitude about the idea.

“I think it will be really neat to have it in the senior hallway because of the scope of it, and the view makes you able to see everyone,” sophomore Lydia Bagnall said.

Since the Sham Rock ‘n Roll isn’t a significant dance, many people don’t feel like it’s a big deal to change it up for once.

“It’s not like this is prom or anything; it’s just a small dance. I don’t see why someone would be against it. I like the idea of having it somewhere different. It’s weird but I like it,” Mumma said.