Four female wrestlers go to state

On Feb. 10, four of Rolla High School’s female wrestlers punched their tickets to state. Kiara Sederburg, Ella Christopher, Vittoria Wiley, and Serenity Tilford all placed within the top four finishers in their weight class, qualifying them for the state meet.

The RHS wrestling team has been enjoying many victories this season. For example, Ella Christopher became the first female wrestler to win 100 high school matches in RHS history. The team also had many great wins and placements throughout the season, a standout being the conference meet. Many of the athletes walked away from the tournament with a high placement, and the girls team took home the third place title.

Vittoria Wiley, who earned first place in her conference bracket, was confident in herself, and her ability to win.

“[Becoming a conference champ] felt fantastic. I was super stressed. But I knew if I stuck to it, and I didn’t do anything crazy, I was gonna get it,” said Wiley.

The team credits much of their success to the coaching staff, especially Head Coach Marty Hauck. 

“[The coaches help the team by] hyping us up and pushing us. I think it’s helped me so much this season,” said Wiley.

While the girls’ districts took place on Feb. 9-10, the boys’ competition is not until Feb. 16-17. The state tournament will take place Feb. 23-24.