• Spring break begins March 25 through March. 29.

South Central Creamery Opens in Rolla

Recently, South Central Creamery, an ice cream shop unique to Rolla, has been added next to Quiznos and Anytime Fitness.

“It’s unique because it’s geared towards a community that has needed hard scoop ice cream in town for a long time.  We’re so happy to be here to bring a thing that everyone has been driving to get.  We’re really happy to be here,” owner Debbie Davis said.

South Central Creamery goes through loads of ice cream a day.

“We’re probably going through close to a hundred gallons of ice cream a day. We have been sold out several times.  We have tried to increase our inventory to keep up with the demand,” Davis said.

With an ample flavor selection, everyone is sure to find a flavor to fit their needs.

“Right now we have fifty flavors; we have sherbets, frozen yogurts, low-fat brands, and other various types of ice cream,” Davis said.

With all these flavors to choose from, who can decide which the best one is?  Well Rolla, here’s the top three:

“The top selling flavor is birthday cake. Probably the next one is mint chocolate chip, and likely the moose tracks,” Davis said.

Lots of surprises come with a new ice cream shop and South Central Creamery’s surprise is unique.

“The biggest surprise is the fact that we are not well known by Rolla yet; our sign is not out and the large turnout without the sign so far.  We are still expecting a larger turn out than we’ve already had once the sign goes up,” Davis said.