• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Band Concerts on the Horizon

Music is in the air as the Rolla Public School symphonic and concert bands finish up their performances for the school year.  All of the concerts are going to be in the beginning part of May. Not only are there going to be concerts, the junior high band is going to be playing at a festival in May as well.

“We have two concerts and one music festival left to do this year.  The 7th grade beginning band has their spring concert on May 5th at 7:00 p.m. at the Middle School gym.  This is in conjunction with the Middle School Spring Fair,” RHS band director John Slowensky said.                                

The band at the junior high will get the opportunity to travel to an amusement park to play in an upcoming music festival that will take place in May.

“The 8th graders have a music festival on May 6th.  This is the “Music in the Parks” Six Flags music festival.  This band will be performing in the Grand Theater in the morning for three judges to receive a rating, then the kids get to spend the rest of the day in the park,” Slowensky said.

The final concert of the school year, the spring concert, will consist of the junior high band, and several of the RHS bands.

“The High School spring concert, along with the 8th grade, will have their spring concert on May 10th at Leach Theater at Castelman Hall. This performance will begin at 7:00 p.m. and tickets are $5.00 at the door or in advance through the band boosters.  The groups that will perform on this concert are:  8th grade band, High School Concert Band, High School Percussion Ensemble, High School Symphonic Band, & High School Jazz Band,” Slowensky said.