Semester winds down with a food fest in Advisory classes

Every year at the end of semester Student Council hosts Food Fest. Its purpose is for students to relax and enjoy the last day before break.

“It’s just something for students before break, something fun and a stress reliever. It just makes the last day of school a bit nicer,” senior Jacob Heimburger said.

The most important thing about planning Food Fest is figuring out where to order the food from. Once that’s decided orders are taken from the students to see the amount they need to order.

“We already have it set up all we have to do is make sure prices are the same and the companies are still willing to do it. We contact the companies seeing if they’ll do it and get the orders organized. We go by advisory so the class doesn’t change. The order forms at the top say your name, your advisory teacher and room number,” Heimburger said.

Students prefer food from the same locations so Student Council tries their best to stay with them.

“The three places we order food from are Slice of Pie, Pizza Inn, and El Maguey. We try to stick with these places because it seems like that’s what people like the most and that’s what we get the deals on,” Heimburger said.

Other Student Council members help to pick up the food from the restraints and distribute them to students in their advisories.

“Usually me and other will pick up food and start organizing it. Student Council kids will come down ten minutes before advisory starts. We get everything organized and have to students by ten minutes into advisory,” Heimburger said.

Cleaning up after Food Fest is a breeze compared to getting everything ready.

“No cleaning up we just straighten up the library a little bit and that’s it,” Heimburger said.