“Walking in a Winter Wonderland”: Countdown to Courtwarming

Rolla High School’s annual Courtwarming dance will be held in the cafeteria on February 10, 2024. Tickets for the dance will be available to purchase in the cafeteria during all lunch shifts from Feb. 5- Feb. 9, 2024. In relation to the theme being Winter Wonderland, this year ice cream will be served. The school resource office will be open to any students interested or in need of something to wear. 

Junior princess candidates are Molly Allison, Riley Ball, Bailey Garthoeffner, Hallye Hodges, and Lillian Webb. 

Hodges was surprised to find out that she was nominated by her math teacher.

“I was shocked because I feel like I only really hang out with one person,” stated Hodges.

Junior prince candidates include Nathaniel Aguilarleon, Ryan Alderfer, Braxtyn Bahr, Carson Black, and Nash Crouch. 

“It’s kind of nice being nominated and to have a certain amount of people that know you,” stated Aguilareon.

Senior queen candidates are Michelle Bai, Rylie Bales, Willow Gideon, Resa Martin, and Shianne Zeno. 

Zeno was also a nominee for Homecoming earlier this year. 

“Knowing how it was at Homecoming, it created a lot of excitement for Courtwarming, and [the anticipation] gave me something to look forward to,” explained Zeno.

Senior king candidates include Isaac Bahr, Ryland Gibson, Hayden Renaud, Trevor Young, and Darien Yu.

“I wanted to get nominated for at least one dance before I left high school, and I thought ‘Alright, that’s awesome,’” said Young.