• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Facebook could be changing soon

Rumors have spread that the comment boxes on Facebook are going to be removed soon.  In reality the removal is not going to happen yet but it may occur eventually.

According to developers.facebook.com, “Comments Box is a social plugin that enables user commenting on your site. Features include moderation tools and distribution.”

People think that the comment feature is great to share opinions, ideas, and thoughts on different topics.

“The Comments Box is a great way for any website, blog or photo gallery to add social comments to their page in just a minute with a few lines of code. We want to help bring you social widgets that make it easier for users to communicate and share across your site and with their friends on Facebook,” blogged a developer according to developers.facebook.com.

Although this feature is not leaving Facebook, some comments can be hidden from viewers by admins making blacklist words. Blacklist words are words that when someone tries to publish with that word only the admins could view.

“Admins can also blacklist words and ban users. If a new comment is published from a banned user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility,” Facebook developers said according to developers.facebook.com.

Although Facebook is not removing the Comment Box they are removing the Network Portals.

According to CNet.com Facebook said, “Facebook has decided to remove the Network Portals because we have found that most users tend to get network information from their feeds, such as News Feeds and Mini-Groups, rather than navigating to the portals.  Groups, Pages and users’ feeds continue to enable users to connect with the people in their networks and discover the most relevant information.”