• Finals schedule at this link: bit.ly/finalschedule23-24
  • The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Cross Country set to run in sectionals

As Rolla High School is getting back into full swing, so are the fall sports, one being cross country. Cross country has been very busy this season, attending numerous meets around the state, and working very hard to beat their records from last year.

“I made it to state last year…I’ve been working really hard this season to make it there this year, and do a lot better,” junior Austin Lohr said.

Most of the team this year is new.
“Despite the fact that most of our team is pretty young, we’re doing really well. Lots of the younger girls are coming back from last year and they’re doing a lot better. They’re making a really good transition since they had to do a mile and a half last year and this year they have to do 3.1 miles,” senior Anna West said.

The freshmen are getting quite a bit of recognition from older team members.

“They’re doing beastly!” junior Shandy Crall said.
Cross country runners have really been working to win this year.

“The team is doing better than we did last year, we’ve lost our number two guy, so everybody else has really had to step up,” Lohr said.

As well as working to get better times, and hopefully go to state, the team has really been helping each other.

“I love being with the team, I think cross country, out of any sport, is the most unified sport. We have a really supportive team this year. Everybody gets along with everybody on the team,” Lohr said.

The cross country team went to districts on October 23, and did really well.

“We did really good considering the course. It was one of our toughest courses. Shannon McCaul, Danielle Stagner, Austin Lohr, and I are going to sectionals! It’s in Camdenton, which is a really fast course. It’s completely flat for the most part, which is good.” West said.