• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Softball wraps up a successful season

As the fall season comes to an end, the softball team pitches yet another victorious year. The team has been working hard at reaching their goals, most recently at the Rolla Tournament and their championship game.

“We beat the school record in wins this weekend and we met most of our goals. We beat our championship game undefeated with 8-1, and we won the Rolla Tournament with 1-0,” junior Maegan Shults said.

With a lot of success from the Rolla Tournament as well as several wins before, the girls have the prerogative to feel proud of themselves this season.

“I’m actually happy since it has been such a good season for us. It doesn’t really feel like an ending, since we’re going to be so happy about the season even after it’s over,” sophomore Shakira Gonzalez said.

Whether it’s beating an unbeatable team for the first time or just having fun with the girls, the team reminisces of their favorite memories this past season.

“My favorite memory would be beating Crocker because they’ve beaten us three times in the past three years, and this is the first time we’ve beaten them. They were our first loss in the Championship game and we won the Rolla Tournament,” Shults said.

The girls’ teamwork has paid off greatly, and although they are losing two great seniors this year, the team is already looking forward to the next season.

“It’s been a really great year. We’re losing two seniors this year and I really love them, but I think that we’ll have a really good season next year too,” Shults said.

Although the season is coming to a close, the future of the softball team is still as unclear as a foggy, autumn morning, making the girls want to work even harder to win.

“The season ends with our next loss, but if we win, then we will continue until Sectionals,” Shults said.