• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Basketball

The Boy’s Basketball team is off to a good start with an 8-5 record, but is still looking to improve.

“The season is going very well. We’ve already won quite a few games against several good teams, and the losses we do have, have been close,” senior Drew Hagni said.     

Since Hagni is graduating and going to college after this year the possibility of playing college basketball became an option for him.

“As far as college sports go, I think I’m going to stick with intramurals instead of actual college basketball. This isn’t because I don’t love playing, but it would take an incredible amount of dedication and time in college. I would rather focus on my major and be able to play intramural sports with friends,” Hagni said. 

The underclassmen are also really getting a chance to show everyone how much they’ve improved from last year.

“My favorite memory from this season was beating Waynesville,” junior, Dalton Brown said.

When the team is performing you can walk into any game and the bleachers are filled with bulldog fans. This support is instrumental for the growth of each athlete.

“All our fans and all the effort that we put in at practice really motivate us before games,” Brown said.

It being Hagni’s last year there’s a lot of weight on his shoulders to have a really good last season.

“Since this is my last season, it has definitely influenced the way I practice and play basketball. I want to be a leader for my team and exhibit what it means to be a team player more than ever. There is always time to improve, and I can always go a little bit harder. So, I will continue to give 110%,” Hagni said.

Junior, Jay Zalis wrestles the ball away from the opposing team