• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

Girls Soccer Team Looks to Defend District Title

As the spring sports season begins, the Girl’s Soccer Team enters its sixteenth season, and with only 81 losses for the girl’s team through its sixteen years, the team is looking to continue its habit of winning.

“Practice has been going great! Right now we haven’t been working on anything specific, just general things. The typical practice involves a little bit of everything, some shooting drills, scrimmaging, and patterns,” senior Mariah Vincent said.

Olivia Cox and Jaclyn Standfast, ranked eighth and ninth in Lady Bulldog’s all time goal’s list with 56 and 47 goals, respectively,  graduated last year. Additionally, two-time All-State keeper and Lady Bulldog career shutout leader (with 48.5 shutouts), Adrian Pogue, graduated last spring.  To make up for all this talent having left the team, the team will need to practice hard.

“I love [practice] because we go into practice ready to work, and we leave at 5 feeling and knowing that we accomplished something,” senior Ashlee Rightnowar said.

Carrying thoughts from last season, the players have some games they look forward to this spring season.

“Kickapoo and Visitation Academy will be good games. Everyone will have to show up ready to play,” junior Taylor Tronstad said.

With a combined record of 87-4-0 against the teams in their district, the Bulldogs have a great opportunity to capture another district title, and maybe even a conference title.

“I think that Districts are going to be tough, but we are ready for the competition. We play a tough conference, but we are a really aggressive team and are ready for anything,” Rightnowar said.

With the season just upon the horizon for the Lady Bulldogs, the team looks to have a successful season and continue its trend of dominance at home.

“[Students] should come out and cheer for the team at as many games as possible. We have 10 home games in a row and we play so much better when we have a crowd.” Rightnowar said.