Spring athletes ready to start, dominate competition

Baseball offseason warm ups get ready to come to a close and the regular season is about to unfold before them with strong goals ahead of them.

“Obviously to come out and be successful and win a lot of games, were a very competitive team and we wish to compete for a conference championship, and a district championship, and if we get there then were looking at just a few games away from a state championship game which is always a goal,”  Coach Carl Odenwald said.

Girls’ soccer hopes to come out kicking strong and stay strong this season.

“A district championship for girls is our goal we’ve only won the past two out of five so hopefully we can improve. We had a rough season last year so were going to be better this year, and we have several freshman coming in this year who will help us out and make the team stronger,” coach Mike Howard said.

Golfers get ready to swing with the birdies as they walk out for the first few holes this season.

“This season, I expect us to be very competitive at the varsity level. We’ll have a lot of great players returning and our varsity will compel are junior varsity to play that much better to be able to fill their shoes next season. Mark Martin and Michael Steelman will help lead this team, they have played in quite a few off-season tournaments and have done very well in them; and with them and the rest of the team, we should be very competitive this year,” Coach Zach Nixon said.

The track team gets ready to head out on the track with head coach of 31 years Don Knapp ready and energetic for the season’s start.

“Goals for the team will be to place kids in the conference meet and at the district meet, also to improve throughout the season and to hopefully get some kids to state but unfornetly not everyone will make it. We just want to have the strongest team possible for this season because we have a lot of potential; weather is a factor to that but with the leadership of the juniors and seniors I believe they will make it happen. They’re great athletes and wonderful people,” Knapp said.

Tennis is ready to get out on the court and serve up some heat right from the start as their season opens up.

“Each year, all my players have been improving, and were ready to compete. Now all we need to do is to get over that last little hump, and last year we started competing very well at the hard matches and having fun while playing, so I think we’re ready as long as we keep improving. The team also has great leadership from the upper class to help lead and develop our team’s season,” coach Cody Kennedy said.