State ranked Bulldogs girls soccer team sixth, begins conference competition Tuesday

The girls soccer team is banding together this year to bring a good season.
“This season we seem like we’re becoming a really solid team,” senior Eliza Burdett said. We seem to work really well together and I think we’re going to see a lot of success this season.”
The girls have grown closer and closer throughout the season, cheering each other on, on and off the field.
“I feel as if we all play for
each other this year and just want to win every game,” junior Nicole Howard said. “Off the field we are as close as I have ever been to a team. We have turned into a family.”
This has made a large impact on the team, making the chemistry on the field much more noticeable.
“I have been on varsity since my sophomore year and I could definitely see from the beginning of this season that things would be different from past seasons,” senior Mikaela Insall said. “I feel like every move that we make we make for each other. Everyone plays for each other on the team and we honestly love to see each other’s success. This is probably the most important and biggest difference I have seen on the team from the last two years.”
The team also has many different players, opening up different positions and allowing more diversity in play.
“This year, it seems like everyone gets along really well,” Burdett said. “We have a lot of potential starters so positions change a lot.”
So far, their teamwork has paid off and the season has been going well.
“So far the season is going very well,” Howard said. “After having the first losing season is RHS soccer history last year with only eight wins, being 12-1 is great start.”
As, the season goes on, the team plans to stay together and work hard to attain success, but still have fun.
“I feel like every girl on the team is like a sister to me and I know they feel the same way too,” Insall said. “We all laugh until we cry while on the bus rides and we are there for each other when needed.”
The team goes up against Glendale April 30 for conference championships. The team is going in with their heads held high.
“What keeps us motivated is that we want to win conference and then in post season, by Barbara Jernigan - Copy by Barbara Jernigan (3) by Nicole Howard by Barbara Jernigan (2)