Softball wins against conference rivals West Plains

The Rolla Lady Bulldog softball team won an Ozark Conference game at West Plains on Thursday, Sept. 12, by a score of 3 to 2 in 9 innings.  Jade Deshurley was starting and winning pitcher, going the entire 9 innings, allowed 2 runs, 6 hits, walked 7, and struck out 13.

Rolla scored 2 runs in the 3rd inning on a solo home run by Jade Deshurley, followed by a double by Anna Feeler, and a run scoring single by Kaitlyn Settles.  Rolla won in the 9th when Maegan Ray hit a 2 out solo home run over the right field fence, giving Rolla a 3 to 2 lead that they held through the bottom of the inning.

Varsity linescore:  Rolla–3 runs, 11 hits, 2 errors
West Plains–2 runs, 6 hits, 0 errors

Offensively for Rolla:  Maegan Ray was 3 for 5 with a double, triple, and homerun, 1 run scored, and 1 RBI.
Jade Deshurley was 2 for 3 with a homerun, 1 run scored, 2 walks, and 1 RBI.
Anna Feeler was 1 for 3 with a double, 1 run scored, and 2 walks.
Kaitlyn Settles was 1 for 4 with 1 RBI.
Meredith Sowers, Avery Landers, Kayla Reed, and Brooke Maxwell were each 1 for 4.

The Rolla JV girls lost 11 to 2.  Skylar Turner and Meredith Sowers shared pitching duties.
Becca Roark had 2 hits, while Courtney Spencer, Chayce Ayars, Hayley Gremp, and Ryann Rigsby each had 1 hit.

“An intense game from beginning to end, but our girls show their toughness and determination, and ended up with a big conference win.  Maegan Ray had just a superb game offensively, while the entire defense made some huge stops throughout the game, in a lot of very key situations.  The kids just refused to be defeated.  I’m very proud of their togetherness and team first attitude,” Coach Tim Dunn said.