• Spring break begins March 25 through March. 29.

Rolla soccer wins Parkway Tournament; first time in RHS history

The third ranked Rolla Bulldogs soccer team improved to 8-1 as they rolled the competition at this weekend’s annual Parkway Tournament.

On Friday night, the Bulldogs defeated the second ranked Parkway West Longhorns 3-1 with a goal from Aaron Froehlich and two goals from Austin Parks. The Longhorns applied heavy pressure to Froehlich, Rolla’s all-time goal leader, but a header goal by both Parks and Froehlich assisted each time by Logan Houf, and a solo goal from Parks blasted past the keeper from the right side of the 18-yard box showed that the Bulldogs are quite tough to keep out of the net.

The Bulldogs played next at noon on Saturday as they steamrolled Parkway North, 4-0, with three goals from Froehlich, assisted by Nate Kramme, Theron Weeks, and Logan Houf. Hunter Short added the fourth goal, assisted by Parks.

Senior Gage Scurlock recorded his fourth shutout of the season.

Later in the afternoon, the Bulldogs took on Parkway South, winning, again, 5-2. Froehlich recorded three goals while Parks and sophomore forward Thomas MacCash each had one. Houf recorded two assists and Kramme one.

The Bulldogs hit the road again tomorrow to take on the West Plain Zizzers.

The Bulldogs will host a tournament this weekend.  Rolla will face Battle High School, who was recently added to the district.  We will also face first ranked Southern Boone and Ozark.