The Goodye Renaissance Feast

After months of prepping for the choral Renaissance Feast, it’s finally here! The costumes have been made, the murals and decorations are completed, and reservations are set and ready to go. Not to mention all of the songs and notes have been pitched, balanced, and blended. Now all that’s needed is for the show to begin.
As the year began, anticipation has been high from the start. The number of choir students is at an all time low, and with this year being a renaissance year students are worried for the show.
“We’ve all had our nervous jitters about how this year’s Renaissance Feast is going to go with the number of people we have in choir this year. On the bright side, however, the 9th grade choir from the junior high is pitching in to help us serve the guests at the show,” sophomore Hannah Witt said.
Every two years the Renaissance Feast is put on by the choirs. This means that the sophomores will be able to put on the feast again their senior year, but for the junior students this will be their only year.
“I am super excited that I will get to be in it this year!” junior Amy Mazzeo said.
This year, the Renaissance Feast is being put on during Halloween weekend, which makes it a great event to help celebrate the weekend and the holiday.
“It kind of feels weird that this Halloween weekend I will have the chance to both dress up from the Renaissance Feast, and for Halloween. It’s really fun because it makes the entire weekend feel like Halloween for me. Plus it means that we get to add a little bit of Halloween theme to the show,” junior Hannah Ramsey said.
The Renaissance Feast provides different prices for different levels of ages and different prices for the kind of seating people may want. This allows the event to be both affordable and pricey.
“There is a price for everyone! For kids age 6 all the way through the 12th grade, you can purchase your seat for $10. That’s cheaper than taking a date to a movie and buying dinner beforehand. We also have open seating for $15 for the adults, as well as Patron, or reserved, seating for adults or parents who would like a seat closer to the stage,” Jeff Sandquist said.