• The last day of school is Tuesday, May 21, dismissal at 1:00.

75 students show up to wrap presents for a local family

Every holiday season, it’s good to remember what the true spirit of the season truly is. While it’s fun to receive presents from loved ones, it’s necessary to remember the less fortunate this holiday. Luckily, Rolla High School does a variety of charity works for the needy and poor in the Christmas season. For example, the foreign language clubs all come together to donate to a family in need, and that’s what this huge “Wrap n Roll” party was about.

“It’s rewarding to help a family who is in need and help make Christmas a lot nicer for them,” Mrs. Roller, the French Club teacher, remarked.

All the foreign language clubs came together for a change and held a donation for a family in need, so that they could share Christmas.

“I help with the Wrap n Roll because I think it would just be really sad if you didn’t have a Christmas,” Junior Kelsey MeGill said.

Students from 10th grade to 12th grade were there to help.

“Around 75 kids showed up,” Roller said.

While some arrived just to eat the provided free pizza and provide moral support, the majority of people there were busy wrapping presents for the families in need.

“This service project is about wanting to give back to the community, and it makes Christmas more real for the students, and gives spirit. It teaches the students about benevolence, giving back to the community, and about the true spirit of the holidays,” Roller said.

Students not even from the foreign language clubs were there as well, which displays the true kindness of Rolla High School when it really comes down it.

“I had students who weren’t even in my class make donations, they had just heard about it and wanted to help out, so I think our work kind of created a snowball effect where the theme of being helpful and kind shined through all the chaos of the holidays,” Roller said.