RHS soccer team defeats Rock Bridge Bruins 4-3 (1OT)

The Rolla Bulldogs improved their record to 1-0.

Rockbridge scored just 5 minutes into the game when Mitchell Stefon scored off a corner kick.

Aaron Froehlich tied the game 14 minutes later on a pass from Austin Parks.

Rockbridge would score the next two goals, one just two minutes later when Tarnue Tyler and the score would be 2-1 at half. Just 30 seconds into the second half Tyler would score again to give RB the 3-1 lead which seemed like it would be a Bruin victory.

Aaron Froehlich would score two more goals in the next six minutes to shock Rockbridge and force overtime. The first was in the 46th minute off a pass from Hunter Short and the next 50 seconds later off a Nate Kramme serve.

Froehlich scored his fourth goal of the game just three minutes into OT on a corner kick from Logan Houf.

Gage Scurlock was in goal.

The JV lost 0-5 to start the season.

Next game Monday in the first round of the Pacific trny vs. Sullivan at 4:00.

“Rockbridge has a very strong team, and any mistake you make, you are put into instant trouble. I was pleased with how we responded to going down two goals to such a solid team, we showed great character tonight. We made some mistakes obviously in giving up three goals but they have scored three goals in each of their three games this season against strong teams so I am not sure we played that bad either. The mistakes we did make are fixable and hopefully this will help us improve as the season goes on. It’s a good way to start the season, but it is just that, the start of a season. We all remember last year and we want another shot at that quarterfinal game,” coach Mike Howard said.

Rockbridge is #19 in the country      http://www.studentsports.com/soccer/2013/09/03fab-50-weekly-scoreboard/